Medi-Cal is a state-sponsored health insurance program administered to you through Alameda Alliance for Health. Medi-Cal provides comprehensive health care coverage for those who meet income guidelines, including:
- Families and children
- People with disabilities
Your local County Welfare/Social Services Department manages Medi-Cal eligibility determinations.
What Does Medi-Cal Cost?
There are no monthly premiums or co-pays if you have met income requirements.
Am I Eligible?
To quality for Medi-Cal you must be:
- A U.S. citizen/qualifiedlegal immigrant
- One of the following: parent,child, elderly or disabled individual
- Have a low income(guidelines apply)
- Must be an Alameda County resident
Ways to Apply
If you wish to apply in person, you may go to one of the Alameda County Social Services Agency public contact offices Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To apply for Medi-Cal online, please visit Benefits CalWIN.
You may apply for Medi-Cal by mail. Please call 510-777-2300 or 1-800-698-1118 (toll-free) to request a Medi-Cal mail-in application.
Need Help With Your Application?
Please contact the Medi-Cal Center at 510-777-2300 for FREE help with your Medi-Cal Application, or call our Member Services department at 510-747-4567 or toll-free 1-877-932-2738; CRS/TTY 711 or 1-800-735-2929, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Plan Details and Benefits
- A primary care physician
- Checkups and preventive care
- Regular OB/GYN visits
- Family planning services
- 24-hour emergency and urgent care
- Hospital care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory tests and services
- Maternity care and well-baby care
- Eye exam and eyeglasses
- Health education classes
- Home health services
- Interpreter services
- Transportation to your health care provider, for special circumstances
- Specialty care
- Prayer or spiritual healers
- Adult day care services
- Drug Abuse and alcoholism treatment. Members can call Access Mental Health at 1-800-491-9099 to locate a provider.)