Alliance Group Care
Alliance Group Care is an employer-sponsored plan that provides low cost comprehensive health care coverage to In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) workers in Alameda County.
- Dental (HMO and PPO options)
IHSS home care workers qualify for Alliance Group Care through the Public Authority for IHSS.
What Does Alliance Group Care Cost?
- Primary care provider, specialty care, mental health office visits: $10 CO-PAY
- Preventative health services, family planning: NO CO-PAY
- Inpatient care per admission (except for pregnancy and maternity care): $100
- Prescription drugs (generic): $10 CO-PAY
- Prescription drugs (brand name): $15 CO-PAY
- Emergency care (waived if admitted to hospital): $35 CO-PAY
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for Alliance Group Care you must be:
- An IHSS worker who has qualified for coverage through the Public Authority for IHSS in Alameda County.
- You must be paid (issued checks) for two consecutive months and a total of at least 160 hours in those two months.
- Advance Pay workers are also eligible.
- If you recently became an IHSS worker, you may qualify for medical benefits. Even if you are not eligible now, you can still turn in the enrollment form. Once you meet the eligibility requirements you will receive notification informing you when benefits begin.
- Premiums cover workers only. No dependents or spouses.
- Learn more about eligibility at http://ac-pa4ihss.org/.
Ways to Apply
Public Authority for IHSS
Please contact the Public Authority at (510) 777-4201 to learn about health benefits for IHSS workers.
Once you become a member of Alliance Group Care, Alameda Alliance for Health will send you a new member packet and an Alliance member identification card before your effective date.
Plan Details and Benefits
- A primary care provider
- Preventative care
- Inpatient care
- Family planning
- Prescription drugs
- Specialty care
- Mental health services
- Doctor visits
- Hospital and Emergency Room Care
- Regular Check-ups and Immunizations (shots)
- OB/GYN Services and Pregnancy Care
- Chiropractic Care
- and more!
Nurses are available 24/7 to answer the health questions of Alliance Group Care members. Information is currently available in English
. Spanish and Chinese flyers are coming soon.
Two plans to choose from:
- Includes regular eye exams, prescription eyewear lenses and frames
- Easy to use: no cards or claim forms
- No application necessary. You are automatically enrolled when you sign up for the medical and dental plan.
See the Evidence of Coverage
booklet for more information.