Beacon Health Strategies
- Call 1-855-856-0577
- Providers may also use the PCP Referral Form to refer members to Beacon for behavioral health services. It's available in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
- For a one-page summary of the PCP referral process, see the PCP Referral Process Summary to hang on the wall at the PCP's office for staff to reference (not for members)
- View a PCP Beacon flyer describing behavioral health services available for Alliance members
- For an overview of how to request Beacon services, see the PCP Tool Kit (a PowerPoint presentation)
- Beacon Provider FAQ
- Behavioral Health Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Diagnostic Evaluation Form (Medi-Cal) is to be completed by PCPs, pediatricians or licensed psychologists to confirm the diagnosis of ASD and to recommend behavioral health treatment/applied behavioral analysis (BHT/ABA) services.
- Autism Screening Tool is an additional resource used by providers to screen for ASD. The second page lists common co-morbidities and includes a developmental chart that can be copied and placed in each child's chart.
- Autism Diagnosis and Treatment PCP FAQ is a compilation of frequently asked questions to help inform PCPs of their role in referring a member they suspect has ASD.
- Beacon-Alliance Autism Flyer is an additional resource for PCPs that announces Beacon's management of the BHT/ABA service benefit. It describes the role of the PCP and how Beacon can help and provides information regarding the M-CHAT-R/F (Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers - Revised, with Follow-Up).
Alliance Interpreter Services:
The Alliance offers interpreter services, including American Sign Language, for Alliance members who are receiving covered services in non-hospital settings. Hospitals are required to provide interpreter services for patients receiving care at hospital settings.
- For in-person interpretation, providers or members can call Member Services at 510-747-4567, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. The Alliance needs a three-day notice to schedule an interpreter. Providers may also fax in the Interpreter Request Form.
- For telephone and after-hours phone interpretation: Providers call 1-866-948-4149, International Effectiveness Centers (IEC) for a phone interpreter, 24/7. Inform IEC you are an Alliance provider and provide the member’s Alliance ID number.
Provider language proficiency required documentation:
All Alliance providers need to keep documentation of the language proficiency for all of their clinical and non-clinical employees who are bilingual and communicate with a patient in a language other than English. Providers may use the Employee Language Self-Assessment Tool to document proficiency.
Informing patients how to request language services:
The Alliance provides a flyer you can post in your office which states: "Point to your language! We will get you an interpreter." in multiple languages.
Written translation of Member Materials:
Members can request written member materials in a language or format they need. All key Medi-Cal Alliance materials are in English, Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese. Key Group Care materials are in English, Spanish and Chinese. Members can call Member Services, 510-747-4567, Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 pm to request materials in their preferred language, or materials in an audio or other alternative formats.
Alcohol Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
Effective date: January 1 , 2015
For details on practice requirements, payments, referrals and required training, see SBIRT Provider Fact Sheet.
Effective date: November 1, 2014
For details on services requirements, medications and counseling and provider training, see the Tobacco Cessation Provider Fact Sheet.